Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I was tagged. Where Were You

Tara, I am so so sorry.
I absolutely love reading your blogs, and I don't know how, but I totally skipped over your Tag Blog. I hope I do this correct...here goes.


20 Yrs ago
1.I was Six and had just started Kindergarten at Lake Ridge Elementary. I was super shy, and the first day to make my grand entrance I ended up lost on the wrong side of the building. To hurry, I started running down this big hill and ran right into a tether Ball poll and knocked myself out. It broke my glasses. The only thing I can remember is Angela Hofheins finding me to take me to the office. What a great first day.
2.I was the cutest nerd, I wore thick Glasses and I had a lazy eye so the Doc made my mom patch the other eye while at school. It was great. I need to find those pictured and burn them.
3.Back then I was mostly hanging out with Emily Rhea. We would take over my parents unfinished basement, and turn it in to whatever we could think of at that time. Stores, our houses. I remember playing up at the Kitchen Bar and pretending to be Reggis and Kathy Lee. I had to be Reggis, yes I am still bitter about that. :) We had so much fun.

10 yrs. ago
1.I was a sophomore at Cyprus High. That was a BIG year for me, I was driving, and went on my first date with B.J. Huff. We went to Applebee's and what was then the Fun Dome to play Lazar Tag (I was so BAD). All and all, it was a good first date.
2.I don't remember having a real set group that I hung out with at that time, but I do remember every morning going to the Pirate Cove and getting Donuts and then non-diet Dr. Pepper. Oh so healthy I was. Then while waiting for the first class to start, my "group" and I would all sit around and copy each others homework waiting for the bell.
How simple life was back then.
3. I don't remember that year being full of to many extra things, but I do remember Laura Bucker and I Driving around on her moms little blue Dodge Neon, listening to Insync and Backstreet Boys. We would drive past the homes of all the boys that Laura liked at that time, and we did it over and over and over for hours. It was Awesome!

5 yrs. ago
1. Trev and I had been Married just over a year, and we had just moved from Trev's Bachelor Pad to a six-plex in the Avenues. I will never forget that apt. for as long as I live. The people had an interesting interior decorating style. They had painted the Wood Flooring White over brown over Blue, and then back to white again, Bad! The walls were also white, but the what should have been beautiful molding was painted Purple and Pink and Green. Also bad. It did have some awesome Stain Glass. I think that was my first taste of interior design, the landlord told me that if I would fix that apt then he would take off the deposit. I was in my element, but it took forever and we ate more money then Trev would have liked, and spent so much more then what deposit would have been. But it paid off because the landlord asked us to do the apt across the hall, where we did the same thing, spent way to much time and ate way to much money. Poor Trev.
2.At that time I was not working and that is about it. Lets call that my slacker year.
3.One thing that Trev and I loved doing was walking up to the SLC cemetery at night. It was so scary, I loved it.

3 Yrs. ago
1.We were Living in our house in Taylorsville, I loved that house. That was just an odd year, I hear a lot of people say that things happen in three's, well that year it happened in fives. We had just had Max #1, my dad was diagnosed with Melanoma, and Trevor's Cousin Seth passed away around that time. Not to mention the 3 times our house was broken into, one of which Max and I were home for. That was a big year for re-evaluating and counting our blessings.
2.At that time Trev was working at O'currance and I was at Usana. I loved that job until the day I became a mom, then I was blessed with a better one.
3. At that time we were spending a lot more time with our ward. I had just been put in as the Primary Secretary, and I loved the kids and the ladies that I was able to work next to. In spite of those stupid break-ins that was a really fun neighborhood.

1 yr ago
1. This was also a Big year for us, Trev had just decided to back to school, and I was adapting to not having my family as close a five minutes away.
2. We were then, and still are living with Trev's dad and step-mom while we finish this school thing. We can't thank them enough, it has been an awesome opportunity.
3. Even though it has been hard for me to not be in the place that I grew up, I have loved being closer to Trev's family. I didn't realize how much time we didn't spend with them. It's so nice for Max because Brock and Alissa come over every Monday, and Max gets some cousin time as well, not to mention that we get Trev a lot more then when he had a job.

This Yr So Far.
1.We are still at Breon and Sherline's house, Trev has started his 2nd year at school. And financially, things are going all right.
2.Max and I spend a lot of mommy and me time together. My mom likes to come up as much as she can, and Max and I go to SLC every Friday and spend the night at Grandma Lu's. Max also loves going to Grandma Jana's for his bath once a week. We only have a shower, and so we take him to her house to have some bath play time.
3.We spend a lot of time with Trev's long time Friends Dan and Sharann. They are some of the nicest, most loyal friends anyone could have. They are so good to us, and Max absolutely loves them.

Yesterday
1.Max and I played dinosaurs.
2.We worked on potty training.
3.Trev was so blessed to be able to go grocery shopping with us. I have never seen him look so stressed out.

Today
1.Cleaned
3.Laundry
3.Potty training...again (one day this will not be on my list, YA)

Tomorrow
1.Finishing laundry, I hope.
2.NOT working on potty training
3.My mom and I are going to the Temple

Next year.
1.I am hoping to be down to a comfortable weight.
2.Hoping to be transitioning out of our school life and into our new life.
3.Working on growing our family.

I tag Krissly Carter, Kati Jo, Mom, Mike and Rachel, Carmen Eggers.

2 comments:

Britain said...

Staci, that was so fun to read. We wished you lived close. Ryan would love to play with Max. What is he dressing up for Halloween as this year? You'll have to post some pictures.

Staci said...

He is going to be a Monkey. I wish we dd to. I love coming to LASVages, but I usually only come with me mom and sisters. I will have to bring Max next time and we can have a Play date. I hope you all have a fun Halloween.