Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Max's First Emergancy Room Visit. What a Trooper!

So Last night was an odd one. When we got home from my B-day dinner, it was about 10:40. Something Prompted me to rush up to look in on Max before heading up to talk to Papa Breon and Grandma Sherline. I had noticed that his light was on, which was not unusual for him, but when I opened the door to his room, and he was sitting in bed crying and having a really hard time getting a breath in. At first we thought maybe he swallowed something and it was restricting his airway, but when we got to the hospital the nurse reassured us that Croop ofter comes on super fast, at night when they are sleeping. He did so good, and by the time we left, he had all the nurses eating out of his hand. He is such a little flirt. And soon after he received the meds, he looked at me with a glazed over smile and said "Mommy, I feel good." He also went and had some E-rays done and was so excited to see his skeleton. After that, they did and breathing treatment on him and he did so good. He loved the Darth Vador Mask, and that was so good to him. Sometimes the meds that they put in the treatment make there heart rate so up for a while. Lets just say that it gave him the shakes pretty good, and it freaked mommy out a little. All in all we all survived.
Here is a pic from the Camera Phone.

3 comments:

The Fullmer's said...

I'm glad he's doing good. Scary time. This is not what I meant by having a Max of a time on your Birthday.

Staci said...

LOL...I really don't know how you all do it. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Kati Jo said...

Haha may the force be with him!!!!!!!!