Sunday, October 12, 2008

Grandma's and Grandpa's



For the most part I have had such a fun time watching my family grow up and mature. My sister's are practically adults now, and my brother will graduate from high school this year, and cousins that I loved hanging out with are all mommy's and Daddy's now. But I have to say it is heart breaking to watch Grandma's and Grandpa's get old. One thing in particular that my family is dealing with at this moment is, my dad's mom (Grandma Schroeder, bottom pic, right side) was just recently was Diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and this weekend had a few fall's. She is loosing her memory and strength fast, and she is just all around uncomfortable. I understand that this is a part of life, and that this is the Plan that has been laid out for her. I think the thing that makes me the saddest is how easy it is to take these sweet, and so wise people for granted. I just wanted to say how much we love all of the Grandma's and Grandpa's that we get to have in our lives.
We Tip our Hat to You!

2 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

You are wise and unconditional beyond your years my dear!!! We should all learn from you....you know what I am saying...not a secret, just a little more understanding of the situation..I love you

Staci said...

Thanks mom, I love you to. XOXO